If you’ve been driving around in Murfreesboro, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising companies that buy mobile homes.
Often times they say things like “We Buy Murfreesboro Houses!” or “Cash For Your Mobile Home”.
Are The Companies That Buy Mobile Homes in Murfreesboro Trustworthy?
How can I know whether the mobile home buying companies in my arear are trustworthy?
At first glance, they all appear to be the same….However, before you deal with a local mobile home buying company, we’ll walk you through some things to check for.
Purchasing and selling mobile homes is a legitimate and respected industry that may benefit communities and home sellers in a variety of ways. However, just as in any other industry, a small percentage of mobile home buyers in any market make the rest of us look awful. .
There are some truly wonderful, ethical people who work to better their communities one property at a time..
And then there’s shady, dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their clients and who would sign the contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other – as long as they were making enough money.
Yes, they are out there.
We’ll help you avoid these “shady mobile home buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your mobile home for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers are doing.
What Reputable Murfreesboro Mobile Home Buyers Are Doing
- Assisting people in improving their lives by providing immediate access to funds. People often need the cash in their mobile home to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Assisting Mobile Home sellers in getting rid of burdensome mobile home with minimal effort.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Murfreesboro TN.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy relies on constant growth, which necessitates investment from people like us..
- Increasing the value of Murfreesboro neighborhoods. When we improve a mobile home, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected mobile homes, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Murfreesboro.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Many people consider flipping mobile homes to be a get-rich-quick gimmick. This is encouraged by ridiculous “reality” shows that exaggerate the drama because the truth of what we do on a daily basis is actually quite uninteresting. .
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local Mobile Home Buyer
When you talk with a local mobile home buyer to potentially buy your mobile home… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your mobile home, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable mobile home buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a mobile home buyer tries to pressure you into selling your mobile home and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable mobile home buying services will make you an offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable mobile home buying services like ours at Velocity Mobile Home Buyers do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple mobile homes a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your mobile home is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your mobile home, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Murfreesboro mobile home buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy mobile homes in Murfreesboro companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!